PUBLISHED NOVEMBER 2020
Until I Smile at You
How one girl’s heartbreak electrified Frank Sinatra’s fame!
Peter Jennings with Tom Sandler
It’s 1936. Take Ina Ray Hutton, the “Blonde Bombshell of Rhythm,” add 22-year-old Ruth Lowe, who become Ina Ray’s pianist. Ruth marries music publicist Harold Cohen, but he dies in the midst of debilitating surgery. Ruth is devastated, full of heartache, a grief-stricken widow far too early.
Consumed by anguish, she pours her heartache into a lamenting anthem that becomes an internationally famous song—“I’ll Never Smile Again”—destined to electrify the career of 25-year-old vocalist Francis Albert Sinatra. Ruth next composes what becomes Sinatra’s theme song, “Put Your Dreams Away.”
And then, Act Two begins for Ruth Lowe: she withdraws from the limelight to become a caring wife, loving mother, society doyenne, and friend to many.
Amazingly, this superstar has escaped the investigation and adoration that her life so richly deserves—until now.
- Paperback : 197 pages ($18.99 USD $24.05 CAD plus shipping and handling)
- E-book File Size: 27317 KB ($5.99 USD $7.87 CAD)
- Publisher: Castle Carrington Publishing (November 12, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN: 978-1-990096-03-7
- ISBN: 978-1-990096-04-04 (Kindle E-Book)
- ISBN: 978-1-990096-05-1 (Smashwords E-book)
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.45 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight : 12.6 ounces
ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY FROM
We accept PayPal and E-transfers or we will invoice you through the Square Invoicing System
(please use the contact form below, shipping and handling costs vary by delivery location)
ALSO AVAILABLE FROM: